Stephen J. Smitley is a Portfolio Manager, Municipal and Structured Products for National Investment Services. As a member of the structured products team, he is responsible for research coverage in municipal bonds, mortgage-backed securities, and collateralized loan obligations (CLOs).
Prior to joining NIS, Stephen was a Portfolio Manager of Structured Products for Aware Asset Management. There he managed the firm’s ETF platform as well as established an RIA (Aware Asset Management) as subsidiary at Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN. Previously, he was the Vice President Structured Products for Carval Investors, as well as a Structured Credit Analyst for Black River Asset Management.
Stephen holds a M.S.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business, as well as a B.S. in Finance from California State University – Northridge.
- National Investment Services, 2021
- Aware Asset Management, 2017-2021
- Carval Investors, 2009-2017
- Black River Asset Management, 2007-2009
- GMAC-RFC, 1999-2007
- University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business, M.S.B.A.
- California State University – Northridge, B.S.